PR Newswire | 30 Mar, 2015
NEW DELHI: There has been a positive sentiment in hiring at the middle level in several sectors in India. Middle manager posts have seen a jump in demand by 10 percent between Feb 2014 and Feb 2015, shows TimesJobs.com data.
"With a positive Indian economic outlook, there is great anticipation of rapid growth across industries. This is leading companies to realise their need for middle management experience and skills to scale up and take advantage of this growth," says Vivek Madhukar, COO, TimesJobs.com
The Biggies are Hiring
According to the TimesJobs report, the big employers of IT, telecom, e-commerce and financial services are among the top sectors witnessing this upward trend in hiring middle managers.
In the IT segment, 5 percent of all hiring was at mid-management. Rectuitments were aimed at acquiring people for specialised and niche roles in areas such as digital channels, business intelligence and risk and control functions.
With telecom, retail and e-commerce companies expanding into new markets, new verticals and new product segments - executives in these companies reported that 10 percent of their total hires during Jan-Feb 2015 were for middle level.
"In addition, with the massive expansion plans of well funded startups especially in the e-commerce and IT sectors, there is also a significant demand for mid-level managers and project team leaders with experience," adds Madhukar.
Industry experts told TimesJobs.com that the number of middle managers was strongly linked to how the economy is faring. They were seen as expensive and dispensable during the slowdown. So, most of them stayed in their jobs. With the economy set to grow and an overall positive sentiment, companies now want the expertise of these experienced personnel to move to the next level of delivery. With this demand for mid-level professionals, the salary hikes being offered by companies have also been impressive.
- Higher demand for niche technology coupled with the need to build managerial bandwidth to sustain and execute expansion plans will lead to a surge in mid-level hiring.
- Demand will be high in manufacturing and IT/ITeS sectors specifically. The petrochemical/oil & gas sector is also expected to witness high demand at the middle level for sales and business development professionals.
- In future, demand for middle and senior level professionals will get a push from metros and established industry hubs, reveals the latest RecruiteX report published by TimesJobs.com.
For more information and to download the complete report click here - http://content.timesjobs.com/india-inc-create-jobs-recruitex-bi-annual-jan-jun-2015/
TimesJobs.com, India's leading career and recruitment portal, is one of the best-selling online ventures of the Times of India Group. Conceived and launched in 2004, TimesJobs.com currently has a candidate database of more than 20 million registered job-seekers across levels and functions who clock-in over 40 million page views a month.
TimesJobs.com is positioning itself as an engagement platform and knowledge resource for insights, information, analysis and opinions on the recruitment market. Well-known for its product innovations and unmatched deliverables, TimesJobs.com has pioneered the platforms of:
- JobBuzz.in for candidate engagement with company reviews and ratings
- TechGig.com as India's leading IT network for careers, coding and competitions
- Step Ahead for career assessment and enhancement services
- RecruiteX as the definitive demand and supply recruitment index
- The TJinsite knowledge series and a lot more.
TimesJobs.com serves a corporate customer base of more than 25,000 clients from across the globe. It has been serving clients like HCL, IBM, Yamaha, Godrej, HSBC, Mahindra, Bajaj Allianz, TCS and Thomson Reuters to name a few.
Head of Corporate Communications
Times Business Solutions - A Division of Times Internet Limited
Tel: +91-120-6636338, +91-9910273367