VISAKHAPATNAM, India: Phoenix IT Solutions won the Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) Smart Grid Pilot project in consortium with M/s. NURI Telecom Co. Ltd., M/s. KEPCO (Korea Power Corporation) and M/s. SECURO Co. Ltd. for implementing the same in 3 sub-divisions of Guwahati city in Assam, India. The contract was signed on 31st March 2015 at Guwahati.
The scope of work for Phoenix as the Smart Grid Implementing Agency (SGIA) includes assisting APDCL in implementation of Smart Grid activities viz.
- Installing Smart Meters at consumers' end and integration of DTR meters and Feeder Meters with the Smart Grid system
- Establishment of communication between consumer/DTR/Feeder-substation meters and Smart Grid Centre with suitable hardware/equipment
- Implementation of Time-of-Use (ToU) and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) models for controlling peak loads
- Customer outreach and education for sensitizing the pilot area consumers about the benefits of demand response and smart grid
- Implementation of software for
a) Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) with 2-way communication
b) Peak Load Management (PLM)
c) Outage Management System (OMS)
d) Demand Side Management (DSM) & Demand Response (DR)
1) LT customers
2) HT customers
e) Load Forecasting Mechanism
f) Integration of Distributed Generation
g) Power Quality Management (PQM)
- Web portal for all the consumers to respond to DR/DSM/TOU initiative in the pilot area
- Monitoring of power quality and theft in the area
- Integration of the smart grid pilot systems with existing ERP, metering, billing, collection, and SCADA systems
- MIS to monitor the progress of the Pilot Project and monitoring of KPI's
Phoenix mPowerâ¢ Suite of Smart Grid software products along with the products of other consortium member companies will be used for implementing this Smart Grid Pilot. Both mPower MDMSâ¢ and mPower CISâ¢ of Phoenix figure in the recent Gartner's magic quadrants for utility software products.
Speaking on the occasion, Managing Director and CEO of Phoenix IT Solutions, Mr. Muralikrishna Gannamani said, "This is a very happy moment for us and a clear validation of the credibility of our Smart Grid software product suite."
Phoenix IT Solutions Ltd is the software product company catering to energy and water utilities, communities and cities. We leverage our mPower suite of robust software products, extensive domain expertise and project execution ability to offer turnkey integrated solutions for transforming utilities and communities with lower TCO and faster RoI. Our time-tested mPower suite of software applications deployed at some of the most IT savvy utilities are a testimony to our strength and capabilities as turnkey system integrators providing end-to-end solutions for customer business transformation. Backed by ISO 9001 certified process frameworks, CMMI compliance, agile solution delivery models and robust technology support; we have won many accolades from our customers and appreciation from industry and government. As a result, we have emerged as the leading independent vendor of utility and community IT solutions in Asia, with a good pipeline in Europe and Africa. We have recently setup a base in USA to address the complex deregulated energy markets with our innovative cloud software solutions. We are also gearing up to offer cloud-based CIS/CRM as well as smart grid solutions for munis and coops.
For more information, visit: www.phoenix.in
Me dia Contact:
Winston S K Adams
Vice President - Corporate Affairs
Phoenix IT Solutions Ltd