PR Newswire | 30 Aug, 2013
MUMBAI: Star CJ Alive [http://www.starcj.com ], one of India's leading home-shopping channels, revealed that it is the most popular in Delhi and gets most orders from this state in the year 2012-13. Mr. Kenny Shin, CEO, Star CJ Alive [http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=71780306&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=ahDB&locale=en_US&srchid=898914521377840132435&srchindex=1&srchtotal=80&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A898914521377840132435%2CVSRPtargetId%3A71780306%2CVSRPcm ] , unveiled the trends report, done via an internal study which states the number of sales for different category product across different states, cities and rural areas for the year 2012-13. This gives us an idea of the overall home shopping popularity concept amongst Indians.
Key trends revealed in the Star CJ Trends report 2012:
- Top Cities: India's Top 5 home shopping hubs are Delhi, closely followed by, Mumbai, Thane, Pune & Ahmedabad.
- Top States: The Top 5 States with the most transactions were Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujrat, Uttar Pradesh & Karnataka.
- Vertical Categories: Electronics continue to dominate and hold share at 48% of domestic transactions with lifestyle categories (41%) gain traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers.
# City Products
1 Mumbai Mobile & Tablets, Kitchen & household, Home Appliance
2 Delhi Kitchen & household, Home Appliance & Interior
3 Punjab Microwave, Kitchenware
4 Thane Mobile & Tablets, Kitchen & household, Home Appliance
5 Ahmedabad Interior & Fashion
6 Surat Mobiles & Household & Kitchenwear
7 Hyderabad Kitchen & household, Home Appliance
8 Bangalore Kitchen ware & Household
9 Pune Home appliance & Interior & Fashion
10 Amritsar Home appliance & Kitchen ware
11 Chennai Jewelry ,Interior, Cosmetics
12 Chandigarh Kitchen ware, Interior
13 Rajasthan Mobile & Tablets, Interior
14 Kolkata Jewelry & Cosmetics & Fashions
15 Bhopal Interior , Fashion, Kitchen ware
16 Indore Home appliance & Interior
According to the trends report, some key facts derived:
- The most ordered product is in the household appliances category. It is the Mixer Grinder as it appeals to the women who watch the show frequently. This highest order comes from Delhi.
- The digital gadgets category is ruled by Mobiles, in Mumbai, with close to 10,000 orders in a year.
- The most popular product in the household items category is bedsheets, which are ordered from Delhi.
- Mumbai leads in the fashion & beauty category where sarees are most popular in this city.
Category Sales Contribution %
Mobile + Laptop 15%
Camera + Printer 4%
Small Appliance 8%
Microwave + FP 9%
Large Appliance 2%
Kitchen& Household 26%
Fashion & Accesory 11%
Beauty & Cosmetices 5%
The data has been taken on random basis for specific cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Ahmadabad, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Bangalore, Ludhiana, Surat, Gurgaon, Hyderabad , Chandigarh, Vadodara, Amritsar, Faridabad, Gautam, Buddha Nagar, Jaipur, Chennai, Nagpur, Kanpur, Nashik, Indore, Kolkata. No claim is made or ascertained by Star CJ Alive [http://www.starcj.com ] from the report.
About Star CJ
Star CJ Network [http://www.starcj.com ] India Pvt. Ltd. is the result of a strategic partnership between STAR Group (India and Asia's largest broadcaster) and CJ O Shopping Co., Ltd. (the No. 1 home shopping company in Asia). Backed by the creative insights of STAR and the domain leadership of CJ O Shopping, Star CJ has launched a 24x7 home shopping channel called Star CJ Alive to further increase its outreach to viewers and to provide the viewers unparalleled service and convenience of shopping from the comfort of their homes. These programs showcase a number of products of different genres from various famous brands. Star CJ offers an unmatched, ultra-convenient shopping experience making stylish and intelligent products available at the consumers' doorstep even as it entertains and informs with its unique television programming.
Primary Media Contact: Yuvraj Pawar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9167110504
Secondary Media Contact: Nishant Patel, email@example.com, 91-98203400083