SME Times is powered by   
Search News
Just in:   • 'Enhanced cooperation between India, B'desh will make S Asia hub for apparel innovations'  • Nepal's economy not like Sri Lanka's, but can go that way: Former central bank Guv  • 'Time to move from 'Volume' to 'Value' leadership in Pharma market'  • Ola Electric slips to 4th spot as EV registrations fall amid fire fears  • T.Raja Kumar takes over as FATF chief 
Last updated: 27 Sep, 2014  

BPO call center generic THMB Exports of IT-enabled services jump 37 pc in 2012-13: RBI

Call.Center.9.jpg
   Top Stories
» 'Time to move from 'Volume' to 'Value' leadership in Pharma market'
» Large borrowers' loan accounts and bad loans decline: RBI
» Kharif 2022: Rice, oil seeds sowing less, pulses, coarse cereals more over 2021
» RBI hits hard on Bitcoin, DeFi, crypto trading platforms
» Import duty on gold increased, may not impact demand
SME Times News Bureau | 19 Feb, 2014
According to a survey by the Reserve Bank India (RBI) the software services and IT-enabled services exports are estimated to have increased by 37 percnet to around Rs 3.41 lakh crore in 2012-13, reports media.

"India's total export of computer services and ITeS/BPO services during 2012-13 is estimated at Rs 3.41 lakh crore (USD 62.6 billion), exhibiting 20.7 percent growth in terms of dollar over the previous year," RBI said in its survey on Computer Software & Information Technology Enabled Services Exports: 2012-13.

Exports of computer services and ITeS/BPO services accounted for 71.9 percent and 28.1 percent, respectively, of the total software services exports, it said.

In 2011-12, the export stood at about Rs 2.84 lakh crore, of which Rs 1.86 lakh crore (75.2 percent) was from computer services while the rest Rs 61,720 crore (24.8 percent) was from BPO services.

The US and Canada continued to remain top destinations for software exports and accounted for 64.1 percent of the total export during 2012-13, the survey said.

European countries had 20.2 percent share, of which the UK accounted for 11.4 percent in FY13.

"US Dollar remained the major invoice currency for software exports with 73.6 percent share, whereas Pound Sterling and Euro had shares of 8.5 percent and 7.1 percent, respectively," it added.

The share of export of software service through on-site mode declined in 2012-13. Its contribution in total service exports decreased from 17.8 percent in 2011-12 to 15.8 per cent in 2012-13, the survey said.

Software exports by foreign affiliates stood at Rs 35,380 crore (USD 6.5 billion) in 2012-13 and total international trade in software services by India, including the services delivered by foreign affiliates established abroad, stood at Rs 3,75,900 crore (USD 69.1 billion) in 2012-13.

The US had the major share in total software business by foreign affiliates followed by the UK, the survey said.

For the survey, 6,660 IT companies were contacted, of which 737 companies, including most of the large companies, responded.

The responding companies accounted for 75.4 percent of the total software exports during the year, RBI said.
 
Print the Page Add to Favorite
 
Share this on :
 

Please comment on this story:
 
Subject :
Message:
(Maximum 1500 characters)  Characters left 1500
Your name:
 

 
  Customs Exchange Rates
Currency Import Export
US Dollar
66.20
64.50
UK Pound
87.50
84.65
Euro
78.25
75.65
Japanese Yen 58.85 56.85
As on 04 Jul, 2022
  Daily Poll
COVID-19 has directly affected your business
 Yes
 No
 Can't say
  Commented Stories
» Starting an import export business: Basic guide for beginners(1)
» China's forex reserves reach USD 2.85 trillion(1)
 
 
About Us  |   Advertise with Us  
  Useful Links  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Disclaimer  |   Contact Us  
Follow Us : Facebook Twitter